10 June 2012

Taco Pockets

Ever want tacos but don't want the mess?!  I am a huge taco fan but my husband isn't so much.  So I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks and thought it sounded quick and easy and it was sooooooo good!  I did tweek a few things and I couldn't find the recipe online to link back to so I will just give you my version!  You could almost do anything with this recipe, I may try some different combinations next time!!

Taco Pockets
adapted from Taste of Home

  • 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
  • chopped onion (we used dried onion flakes)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 3 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • various taco toppings (sour cream, guac, etc)
  1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Add taco seasoning and water as directed on packet.
  2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles pressing seams together well.  Place on ungreased baking sheets.  Place a spoonful of meat in the center of each rectangle.  Top with a large pinch of cheese and a spoonful of salsa.  Bring all four corners up to the center and pinch to seal.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve desired with desired toppings.
These really freeze well too and then you can just warm them up in the oven if you want.  Ours didn't last long enough for me to freeze any.  They were so yummy!!  I could probably eat these every day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment