28 May 2012

Baked Ziti

This was made a few nights ago for dinner.  It had been ages since I've made ziti and wanted to try out this recipe.  It was DELICIOUS!!!!  I tweaked everything just a hair but I will link the original recipe and then just give you mine!  I was actually able to get three 8x8 pans out of this.  I made one and froze the other two.  Try it out, it's so yummy!

The original recipe is here Baked Ziti I

And then here's mine :)

  • 1 (16oz) box of penne
  • a dash of dried onion
  • Tsp diced garlic
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 large jars of spaghetti sauce (I can't remember if they are 26 or 32 oz)
  • 6 slices provolone cheese
  • 1.5 cups sour cream
  • 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesan cheese

  1.  Boil pasta in a large pot of slightly salted water until al dente.  Drain.
  2. In a large skillet brown onion and garlic for just a minute or so before adding ground beef.  Brown completely and then drain if needed.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 and spray either a deep 9x13 pan or 2-3 8x8 pans.  It makes a lot so make sure your 9x13 pan is large.
  4. Mix the drained noodles with the spaghetti sauce in a bowl.  Add ground beef and stir to mix together.
  5. Layer as follows in pan(s): Half of the noodle mixture on the bottom of pan.  Followed by the slices of provolone.  Evenly distribute sour cream (I put it in a Ziploc bag, snipped the corner and squeezed it over the top). Then rest of noodle mixture. Top it with mozzarella cheese and a little bit of Parmesan.
  6. Cover with tin foil and bake for approx 30 minutes.  Take foil off and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
I made some Pillsbury bread sticks with it and it was so so yummy!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment