13 May 2012

Cheesy Chicken Rollups

Well first of all HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mama, grandmamas and stepmamas out there!

I made this dinner a few nights ago but am only getting around to posting it right now.  I have a sick baby this week but he's finally doing better!  This is one of our favorite meals and we devour it, there's usually no leftovers! hahaha Who am I kidding, there's never any leftovers!!  Plus it's seriously so easy it's ridiculous!!

I got it originally from the Once A Month Mom website where I get a handful of my recipes.  I absolutely love it.  So go check out their hundreds of yummy recipes, she mostly does freezer cooking but of course a lot of the recipes are so good that I'll just make them for dinner. 

So here's the recipe, try it out, substitue the cheese or try different kinds of breading, mix it up!  I make it just like the recpie says and it's so absolutely amazing!


Ingredients:

  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 0.5 cups Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade
  • 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 0.5 cups ground french fried onion rings

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, basically fillet the breast so that you have to long flat pieces.** Marinate chicken breasts in Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade for 30-90 minutes in a gallon sized zippered bag. Remove chicken and add shredded cheese. Roll chicken and secure with toothpicks. Place bread crumbs and ground french fried onion rings in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken back in the marinade, then place in the crumbs, coating the chicken evenly. Place the chicken on prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees for about 35 – 40 minutes or until done.
**If you are limited on time you can simply cut a pocket in the chicken breasts and insert cheese instead of rolling.

Here's my finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment